Whether you’ve been coming to The Exercise Coach® for years, you’ve recently started, or are contemplating starting a program, the truth is that you are investing in your most precious commodity: your health. It’s easy for us to find excuses, distractions or to prioritize other things in life, but YOU have decided to take control of your health and you should be proud and excited about your decision. Like anything else, there will be days when you wonder if the time, the workouts, and the investment are worth it. Rest assured, they are. And your body is reaping the benefits.
But what exactly is happening within your body?
That’s the first and most natural question to ask. No matter your background, history, age or fitness level, we all know, (or have been told), that we need to exercise. Heck, even the First Lady has started a campaign to encourage the youth of America to get off their keisters and exercise. But how exactly is your body benefiting from exercise? Why do we push your physical and sometimes mental limits twice a week?
“Get busy living, or get busy dying.”
-Red, Shawshank Redemption
Well, it starts first with a basic understanding of Mother Nature. Simply put, we are either getting better or getting worse. Unfortunately for most, poor diet, needless activity and bad advice have led us into a gradual decline in health. It certainly doesn’t have to be this way, however, and no matter your physical or health condition, you can get better.
For over a decade, we at The Exercise Coach® have worked with and helped people with health conditions varying from seemingly minor to more serious and threatening. Our combination of exercise and nutrition can and will improve the greatest threats to our health:
- Heart Disease (think high cholesterol, triglycerides, blood pressure)
- Sarcopenia (think loss of muscle mass, poor posture, shrinking)
- Diabetes (failing glucose metabolism, organ function)
- Gastrointestinal Disorders (think celiac, colitis, heartburn)
- Autoimmune Disorders (think multiple sclerosis, asthma, Crohn’s)
- Neurological Disorders (think ADD, Alzheimer’s, depression)
- Lack of Sleep, Energy, Vitality (think sleep apnea, chronic fatigue, “the blah’s”
- Thyroid and Hormonal Disorders (think low estrogen, low testosterone, hypothyroidism)
- Weight Gain (think belly fat)
THE EXERCISE COACH: A NEW HOPE
At The Exercise Coach®, it is our firm belief, fueled by years of experience and clients’ testimonies, that success begins with each workout and each meal and continues until you are healthy and thriving. The Exercise Coach® is here to stand beside you every step of the way, and we aren’t going anywhere!
Read the rest of this series:
Part 2 – The Truth About Cholesterol: Where Did We Go Wrong?
Part 3 – Why We Need Cholesterol
Part 4 – High Cholesterol vs. Low Cholesterol
Part 5 – Cholesterol Does Not Cause Heart Disease.